How to Put Password Whatsapp on iPhone?
Whatsapp is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after messaging apps these days. You can send media and texts and make a call to other Whatsapp user. You can express your thoughts with a cool Whatsapp status. If your iPhone is not locked with a password, anyone can access your Whatsapp and check your private messages. By default, Whatsapp doesn’t have any feature to lock itself with password. However, you can archive messages to hide them. If you want to lock Whatsapp, you have to jailbreak your iOS device to download free app. If you don’t want to buy third-party locking app, you have to do it.
Make sure that anyone is not removing app from your iPhone. If someone uninstalls the locking app, they can see your message.
Why You Should Lock Your Whatsapp?
Security is very much needed all the time for the users in Whatsapp. This way, no one can see your private messages on your account. As a matter of fact, Whatsapp doesn’t have any option to set password on application. We are hoping to see this feature in future updates. For the time being, we have listed the best options to lock your Whatsapp with password on iPad and iPhone powered by iOS 8, iOS 7 and iOS 9. You cannot find any app in App store that is designed to protect your app through Touch ID or password. So, you have to jailbreak your iPhone. Here are the best features to lock your Whatsapp for Jailbroken iOS.
Jailbreak Apps to Lock Your Whatsapp on iPhone
This app is offered to set a pattern lock just like in Android tablets and smartphones.
- Install this app from Cydia
- Launch the app
- Slide the button to the right to enable WhatsappProtect.
- Lock your iPhone by setting a pattern
- When you open Whatsapp next time, it will ask you to draw the pattern to unlock it.
- Access home screen and tap on WhatsappProtect
- Open it by entering the pattern
- In “Protect Whatsapp” option, slide the button to left
- Now you can disable “WhatsappProtect”
- Launch WhatsappProtect
- Enter the pattern
- Tap “Change Password”
- Set your new pattern and confirm it again.
It is available for free with ads or you can pay $2.50 to remove ads. You can install it from Cydia.
- Launch Whatsapp
- Go to Settings
- Go to “Whatsapp++ Settings
- Go to Set Passcode
- Enter the password and reconfirm it
- Next time, you have to enter the password when you open Whatsapp
- Launch Whatsapp
- Go to “Settings”
- Go to “Whatsapp++ Settings”
- Go to “Delete Passcode”
You can also hide Whatsapp with hide stock app from home screen but you cannot set password from Whatsapp settings or iPhone settings.
You can set up password on Whatsapp app and your device must be jailbroken.
- Open Cydia app
- Search for iApplock. It is made to secure your app with password.
- This app is available under Cydia app and you can install this free app on your iPhone.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 7 or latest.
- Under “Protect Tab” option, your protected app is not present when you launch it. There, you need to add Whatsapp by tapping on plus sign.
- Add Whatsapp. Then you can change or set password to access Whatsapp.
For doing it, go to “Settings” and enable “Lock Status”. Then tap on “Change Passcode”. Whenever you open messenger on iPhone, you need to enter four-digit passcode to verify that it’s you.
Whatsapp++ is available in free version but it is not ad-free. You have to pay to use paid version. Whatsapp Protect has no ads and it is available for free. When Whatsapp++ locks by setting password, Whatsapp Protect locks the app with pattern. Whatsapp++ comes with several other features and you can display full profile pic without having to crop and send unlimited media. On the other side, Whatsapp Protect just allows you to lock Instagram and Whatsapp. If privacy is your concern, these free apps are worth trying.